WPDSA Online Driver's Education Program
A unit video will not play or will only play for a few seconds.
If a unit video will not play or work for the student, it may be due to:
- the student is using a school issued Chromebook that has not been authorized to run the WPDSA Online program.
- the device's Cache needs to be cleared.
- the device's video player may need to be updated.
- the device's memory is full and needs to be cleared.
- the device's security settings are keeping the video from downloading.
How do I resolve this issue?
Chromebook users may need to:
- If it is a school issued Chromebook, you may need to have the school authorize the device to run the WPDSA Online program URL's of www.wpdsastudents.org and www.wisconsindrivingschools.org .- Clear the Cache of the device. To clear the Cache for your device, you will need to refer to your owner's manual or Google it. The cheaper the Chromebook the more often you will need to clear the Cache.
The device's video play needs to be updated.
- If the device's video play is not up to date, the WPDSA Online program videos may not play properly. Check your device's user manual or Google how to update the video play. The WPDSA Online program currently uses MP4 and OGV video format. Please keep in mind that not all devices are set up to play MP4 and/or OGV videos.
The device's memory is getting full.
- Clear the memory on the device. This normally can be easily done by powering the device off and then powering it on.
The device's security setting is keeping the video from downloading and playing properly.
- Check your device's user manual or Google how to change the security settings.